Are you looking for a more effective way to bring additional traffic to your company website and produce more leads for your business? In the professional playing field, LinkedIn is the best choice of all the social platforms to generate top of mind awareness and network expansion for your business. It not only delivers a public Personal Profile where an individual can showcase their specialties, skills, experience, education as well as their services, projects and recommendations; it can actually be used as a ‘landing page’ and is indexed by Google. This means if your Personal Profile is optimized with relevant keywords and phrases for enhanced search you will be found when someone is searching for your business, services or your name.
The Personal Profile is one key component for LinkedIn success, the other vital element is your Company Profile; this is a place for those interested in your company to acquire more information such as researching products and services, learning about job opportunities, or getting the latest company updates and industry news. Adding a Company Profile is a very simple process but there are some requirements before you may do so. First, only current employees are eligible to create a Company Profile and second, in order to create your Company Profile you must have a registered, company-owned email domain.
This is an email which appears in all company employee email addresses, so using common email domains such as yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc. prohibits the creation process of a Company Profile.
Creating Your Company Profile
- In the top navigation bar on LinkedIn, mouse over ‘Interests’, in the drop down menu click on ‘Companies’;
- You will then see in the right panel, ‘Create a Company Page’, Click on the gold button that reads ‘Create’;
- On this next page, enter the company’s official name and your email address at this company, check the ‘verification’ box, and then click ‘Continue’;
- If your email address is already tied to an email domain for an existing Company Profile you will be prompted to click on the existing company name to edit the profile and if your company email address is not a confirmed email address on your LinkedIn account, a confirmation email will be sent to your inbox for your company email address;
- Go to your company email address inbox to retrieve this email. The email text will give you a link to log in to your LinkedIn account. Be sure to log in to LinkedIn with your current primary email address, this will confirm your company email address and add the email address to your account;
- Once your email address is confirmed or if your email address is confirmed after you add the company name and company email address, you will be taken to the ‘Create a Company’ page which will allow you to enter information about your company;
- Click on ‘Create a Company’ once you have completed the required fields.
Enhance your Company Profile with a custom header image and logo, tell your story, showcase your business, highlight specialties, raise brand awareness, share career opportunities, and educate potential customers on your products and/or services. Much like Twitter, LinkedIn users can follow your Company Profile to learn more about your company so be sure to engage with these followers consistently by posting status updates, blog posts, upcoming events. This will boost exposure for your company as these updates will display in your followers news feed.
Social networking is a proven method of building business more efficiently and LinkedIn is the number one social networking site professionals use to generate leads for their businesses. LinkedIn is definitely where you want to position you and your business as it will save you time and energy and allow your company to put a face to its name as well as increase company marketing leads. Would love to know what your experience has been in generating quality leads on LinkedIn.